This is easily my favorite roast recipe. I have used the rub on many other pork products and HOLY YUMMMMM!!! The only thing is it has to be done in the oven or counter top roaster, not the crockpot; how I love the simplicity of my crockpot; but this simply MUST be tried. My youngest daughter literally will eat this until she is ready to burst. Leftovers are great for sandwiches too.
- 3 lbs Pork Loin Rib Roast (or any other roast, or chops, or even ribs)
- ½ tbsp coarse salt
- ½ tbsp chopped rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil (I use lard or bacon drippings)
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 ºF.
- In a small bowl, mix the salt, rosemary, garlic, paprika, chilli powder and olive oil until very well incorporated.
- Rub the mixture all over the pork loin.
- Grind the black pepper over the roast.
- Place the roast on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Place the baking sheet with the roast in the oven and roast for 60 minutes.
- Turn down the heat to 325 ºF and continue to cook for 30 minutes. (internal temp. should be 150 ºF).
- Take out the roast and cover (tent) the roast with a sheet of aluminum foil. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Cut and serve with your favourite side.